Cyber Terrorism Measures regarding 7.7 DDoS Attack.
According to government sources, the Korean government will work out comprehensive anti-cyber terrorism measures this month to respond to acts like the recent 7.7 DDoS Attack. The countermeasures, gathered by government organizations such as the Ministry of Public Administration and Security, Korea Communications Commission and National Intelligence Service, will be reported to President Lee Myung-bak in the middle of August.
The anti-cyber terrorism measures are as follows:
- Providing national protection of private and public information.
- Strengthening cyber infrastructure in order to protect governmental areas.
- Activation of Cyber Terrorism Measures from control center in national and local governments.
- Budget support in development of DDoS guards or Cyber Terrorism solutions.
- The amendment of the Information Technology law.
It is little early to announce the specific plans of cyber terrorism measures since we have not reported it to President Lee Myung-bak yet,” a government official said. “We are going to make preparations for strengthening the cyber guard system against DDoS and cyber terrorism attacks to protect our properties.
However, the government expressed a negative point of view regarding a need to organize a cyber control tower to protect against DDoS attacks.